Home

Home

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Weekend of Reflection

I love being a mom. I know, everyone with kids is supposed to say this. But I really mean it.
For so long I tried to be the lady that "hated" kids. I guess I secretly hoped that by being that lady I wouldn't lost my cool factor, and would be able to stay young. But I succombed.
I love it.
I love waking up in the morning and getting a funky-breathed kiss from a munchkin. Or having someone jumping on me and hitting my old creaky joints with their toy train. Or hearing my older, much wiser son asking me how long until breakfast will be ready, since I'm officially lazy for sleeping until 8 AM when there are children to feed.
I love it.

But even more than that, I love being a wife. I love the satisfaction of cooking a homemade meal for the man in my life that works so hard every day to provide for us. I love folding laundry (even though I may choose to gripe about it at the time) and putting clothes away. I love waiting to watch terrible reality shows on our DVR (aka: Jersey Shore) late at night, because we can't watch it until we are both home and in bed.

I love that the date night we planned on Saturday consisted of a beautiful dinner out. A dinner that all we could do was talk about our kids. And when it came time to see the movie, we got out of line and left. Yes, left. We both knew where we would rather be. So we headed to Cinnabon (for the kids of course, bad for my ass, I know) and called home. Just to make sure they were still awake. Because what we both really wanted was to be sharing our time with our kids.

And this weekend as we were trapped inside in the rain, and life's pace slowed down just enough to help me reflect on this, I realized. I love it all. Because it means that my life is full of love and family and I am not alone. I have all these wonderful people to share it with.

And I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment