Home

Home

Friday, January 22, 2010

Calls Home


Today I realized that my "baby" is all grown up. Yup. Just like that.

All with a simple phone call.

As I chat with my dad I hear the pint sized boy begging to talk to me.

Then we had a full on conversation. First time. Ever. On the phone.

He usually just says hi and then hands the phone back. Not today.

We made plans to have a date later tonight, he told me what he was eating & how much he dislikes brown pillows (frosted shredded wheat bites).

And I was sad.

I don't think I am ready to lose another boy to adolescence.

Not when the eldest one has decided to venture off into a land called "Puberty" - without even asking me if I was ready!

Just one more year of baby is all I ask.

That way I can still tell people my extra baggage (ok, weight) is because I just had a baby.

3 years ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment