Home

Home

Friday, January 29, 2010

Facebook aka StalkerBook

So let's face it. We love us some facebook. I love it too.
I love being able to chat with folks that a few years ago I would have never guessed would again be a part of my social circle.
Facebook allows us to reconnect, rekindle, re-live.
But, as I've come to discover, that's not always a good thing.

How many of you would appreciate a random message sent from an ex- of your spouse? Not too many huh? I figured as much.

Nor would I like it. But it's happened.

There should be some rule written in some golden book someplace that all ex's must agree to. Once a decade has come & gone, so should your contact with your ex-loved one's spouse. Right?

It seems facebook has opened an opportunity for said stalker to peruse my spouse/my own pages, and proceed to "friend" all of our family/friends. People that she USED to know. People that she may have had a connection with many years ago. And what is even more infuriating is the fact that these people, who don't have evil hearts like mine, have accepted this meaningless friends request.

Now, I can choose to take the higher road, like I always have (because truth be told, she is quite ghetto!). But I for a split second would like to play her game. Just to be a part of the scandal.
I would like to send her a friends request with a simple message attached:

"Hello, this is Valerie. The hubby's wife. You know me. You stalk me. And now let me make it easier for you to be a part of our lives, since that is so clearly, obviously, your intention. Be my friend. Come to our house, share a meal. Watch us play with OUR children. Then once you're done... MOVE ON! ".

I ended up having to delete my MySpace because of stalkers. And now I wonder, will I have to delete my Facebook too?

No comments:

Post a Comment